56 Main Street, 2nd FL
Vineyard Haven, MA 02568
508-687-9555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Design Assistant
Busy, high-end Interior Design firm on Martha's Vineyard is in need of a Design Assistant for our growing business.
Interested Design Assistants are to be energetic self-starters that are productive and can work well in a team environment. The candidates should be intelligent and enthusiastic to help and learn.
Candidates must have a degree in Interior Design and a minimum of one year experience in residential design.
Candidates must also be proficient in CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office.
The position requires the ability to multitask and self-prioritize. This is a fulltime position immediately available. If you are a likeable, hardworking, ambitious, energetic, bright and a team player, then this position is right for you.
- Ability to verify and document site conditions.
- Ability to assist PM with furniture plans /space planning.
- Assist with preparing presentation packages, including creating cut-sheets, pricing, ordering samples, compiling presentation books, and presentation sheets and rendering floor plans.
- Purchase and track products (with the direction of the project manager)
- Request quotes from vendors for furniture, fabrics, rugs, lighting, etc.
- Responsible for project-related administrative tasks, such as filing, writing transmittals, recording meeting minutes, preparing design boards for client meetings
- Facilitate window treatment order from beginning to end.
- Request quotes from vendors
- Prepare estimates for window treatments for client
- Facilitate measuring and installation of window treatment orders
- Prepare finish, lighting, plumbing and appliance schedules (Excel)
- Administrative duties such as reception, phone, and general office duties
- Maintaining the resource library
- Assist project managers as needed
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume as well as samples from your portfolio to email@example.com
Shop our style at Bespoke Abode
Bespoke: /bi-spoke/: an item custom-made to the buyers specification.
56 Main Street
Vineyard Haven, MA
508-693-0722 | www.bespokeabode.com
Opened by Interior Designer Liz Stiving-Nichols, “Bespoke Abode” is a Home Furnishings and Accessories boutique on Martha's Vineyard offering custom furniture, rugs, lighting, and a wide variety of home accessories.