Martha's Vineyard Interior Design is now looking for energetic, self starters willing to work in a collaborative environment. To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio below.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
The ability to develop plans and designs for the interior of high-end residential projects based on the needs of the client. Create functional and aesthetic designs that will enhance a living space of our discerning clientele.
Responsible for planning the use and layout of the space and design with color, furniture, fixtures, etc. Develops drawings, presentations, and product proposals as well as coordinate the work of contractors. The ability to lead multiple projects with consistent attention to details and client relations. Familiar with design and construction concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks. Will lead projects and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Knowledge of custom window treatments a plus. The Interior Designer will report to the Principals.
This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of professional Interior Design experience and a Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture. NCIDQ Certification preferred but not necessary. Candidates must be willing to relocate to the beautiful island of Martha’s Vineyard. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator or Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
Interested Design Assistants are to be energetic self-starters that are productive and can work well in a team environment. The candidates should be intelligent and enthusiastic to help and learn.
Responsibilities required include:
- Ability to verify and document site conditions.
- Ability to assist PM with furniture plans /space planning.
- Assist with preparing presentation packages, including creating cut-sheets, pricing, ordering samples, compiling presentation books, and presentation sheets and rendering floor plans.
- Purchase and track products (with the direction of the project manager)
- Request quotes from vendors for furniture, fabrics, rugs, lighting, etc.
- Responsible for project-related administrative tasks, such as filing, writing transmittals, recording meeting minutes, preparing design boards for client meetings
- Facilitate window treatment order from beginning to end.
- Request quotes from vendors
- Prepare estimates for window treatments for client
- Facilitate measuring and installation of window treatment orders
- Prepare finish, lighting, plumbing and appliance schedules (Excel)
- Administrative duties such as reception, phone, and general office duties
- Maintaining the resource library
- Assist project managers as needed
Candidates must have a degree in Interior Design or Architecture and a minimum of one year experience in a design office.
Candidates must also be proficient in AutoCAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office.
The position requires the ability to multitask and self-prioritize. This is a full time position immediately available. If you are a likeable, hardworking, ambitious, energetic, bright and a team player, then this position is right for you.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume as well as samples from your portfolio.
Accounting Clerk / Bookkeeper
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Owners, the Accounting Clerk performs accounting and clerical support functions in areas of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting and new employee documentation/set up. This is a full-time and salaried position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic bookkeeping duties (such as creating accounts within the chart of accounts and journal entries)
- Vendor management and Accounts Payable (enter and post invoices, new vendor W-9’s, assist with vendor issues and payments)
- Billing and Accounts Receivable (enter customer invoices, keep track of purchases and receive payments)
- Bank / credit card account reconciliations
- Process bi-weekly payroll and submit payroll taxes
- Prepare financial reports
- New employee documents & setting them up as users in needed software programs
- Assist in 1099 Miscellaneous preparation
- Office supply inventory management and re-ordering
- General administrative support to the office (organizing, filing, etc.)
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree with a business or accounting focus
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an accounting-related role
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, a plus
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Effective interaction with all levels of employees
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrate effective judgment
- Displays a high level of energy
- Values cultural diversity
- Appreciates and respects the values of others
- Demonstrates good listening skills
- Solicits the input of others, is receptive to other’s ideas, inputs and concerns
- High degree of integrity
- Displays a high level of accountability and supports others in doing so
- Highly resourceful and takes initiative
- Looks for ways to support teammates and team goals
The successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package including medical, paid time off, 401(k) and annual bonus potential.
Candidates may apply below or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org