Martha's Vineyard Interior Design is now looking for energetic, self starters willing to work in a collaborative environment. To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio below.
Interested Design Assistants are to be energetic self-starters that are productive and can work well in a team environment. The candidates should be intelligent and enthusiastic to help and learn.
Candidates must have a degree in Interior Design and a minimum of one year experience in residential design.
Candidates must also be proficient in CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office.
The position requires the ability to multitask and self-prioritize. This is a fulltime position immediately available. If you are a likeable, hardworking, ambitious, energetic, bright and a team player, then this position is right for you.
Candidates must be willing to relocate to the beautiful island of Martha’s Vineyard.
- Verify and document site conditions
- Assist PM with furniture plans /space planning
- Assist with preparing presentation packages, including creating cut-sheets, pricing, ordering samples, compiling presentation books, and presentation sheets and rendering floor plans.
- Purchase and track products (with the direction of the project manager)
- Request quotes from vendors for furniture, fabrics, rugs, lighting, etc.
- Responsible for project-related administrative tasks, such as filing, writing transmittals, recording meeting minutes, preparing design boards for client meetings
- Facilitate window treatment order from beginning to end.
- Request quotes from vendors
- Prepare estimates for window treatments for client
- Facilitate measuring and installation of window treatment orders
- Prepare finish, lighting, plumbing and appliance schedules (Excel)
- Administrative duties such as reception, phone, and general office duties
- Maintaining the resource library
- Assist project managers as needed
This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of professional Interior Design experience and a Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture. NCIDQ Certification preferred but not necessary.
Must be familiar with design and construction concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks.
Proficient in CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office.
The Interior Designer will report to the Principals. Candidates must be willing to relocate to the beautiful island of Martha’s Vineyard.
- Develop plans and designs for the interior of high-end residential projects based on the needs of the client. Create functional and aesthetic designs that will enhance a living space of our discerning clientele.
- Responsible for planning the use and layout of the space and design with color, furniture, fixtures, etc.
- Develops drawings, presentations, and product proposals and coordinate the work of contractors
- Balance multiple projects with consistent attention to details and client relations.
- Will lead projects and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Knowledge of custom window treatments a plus
Candidates may apply below or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org